New Rose Grower - Knowledgebase Question

Tucson, Ar
Question by countrygirl50
What do I need to plant my lady's rose Far as water,soil and misc?What kind of flower attracts humming birds?What kind of flowers for butterflies.I am new to tucson so I am not sure about flowers for here yet.

Roses grow well in Tucson. Prepare the planting hole by adding some organic matter then set your new rose into the hole and backfill, tamping it down carefully. Then water well to help settle the soil. Water deeply once or twice a week depending upon weather. Feed with a formulated rose food according to label directions. You'll be surprised how well roses grow in Tucson! Hummers like any trumpet shaped flower but they also like Baja Fairy Duster. Butterflies prefer flowers that are flat on top so they can rest while they're drinking the nectar. Just keep this ideas in mind when looking for flowers and you'll choose just the right ones. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"