Seed Starting for a Beginner - Knowledgebase Question

Medford, NY
Question by kita6
I am new to planting, and I want to make sure I start out right. Can you tell me what I need to do in order to start with the seeds indoors?

0

A great way to begin is by reading! One book that I believe belongs in the libraries of anyone and everyone from beginner to expert seed starter is "Parks Success With Seeds". I wouldn't start a seed without it. It has just about everything you could ever want to know about seeds: types, germination info., lighting, temperature, soil, pictures of seeds/seedlings, cross references, etc. This book is available from Park Seed. You can reach them at
www.parkseed.com or Ph. # 1-800-845-3369.

There is also a great website called "The Official Seed Starting Home Page" at www.chestnut-sw.com/seedhp.htm -- it has lots of valuable seed starting information.