Ornamental grass - Knowledgebase Question

somerset, Ma
Question by cpacheco2
A friend just gave me some ornamental grass. I live in Massachusetts and was wondering if I should plant it now or if I should put it in the garage for the winter and plant it next spring. Could you help me??

0

The answer really depends upon which ornamental grass you have (there are hundreds!). Did the grass come from your friend's garden? If so, ask whether it is perennial in their garden and where it was planted (full sun/part sun, etc.). If it is perennial, plant it now in a similar sun exposure. If it did not come from your friend's garden, and you don't know what kind of grass it is, plant it in a container and leave it outdoors until the first frost. Then take the container into your garage to protect it from harsh winter weather. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"