Planting Raspaberries - Knowledgebase Question

Poolesville, MD
Question by fosters6
I recently acquired a couple of small red raspberry "plants" and I haven't a clue what to do with them. They are called "Hilton Red" raspberries. My questions are of a general nature: where should I plant them, what kind of soil (andplant food) do they like, how much space do they need, will they need "support," what problems should I anticipate?

0

old from the new canes. The old ones look gray and scraggily where the new ones look vigorous, reddish green and young. Also, remove any weak, spindly new canes at this time.

Unless...these are everbearing raspberries! If they are, the pruning procedure is different. You can find pruning directions by searching the database, and if need more info after that, submit another questionto us. Enjoy your berry patch!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"