fruit trees - Knowledgebase Question

sierra vista, Ar
Question by zacharyesta
I know in the winter it gets really windy so what could I use to keep up my fruit trees. And when do they start to bloom? And is there any thing I should use to fertilze them with?

0

Zachary,
Fruit trees should stand with no support. Sometimes due to weak rootstock they may need support and when they do you can provide a strong post next to the trunk to tie to or use guy wires in 3 direction to the ground. They will bloom in spring about the time of your last frost date. Most types of fruit will begin to bloom starting the 2nd or 3rd year but it is usually the 3rd to 5th year before most fruit start to bear fruit. Fertilize the trees with lawn fertilizer at a rate of 1 cup per inch of trunk diameter in spring and again in early summer. Sprinkle the fertilizer evenly beneath the branch spread of the tree and water it in well.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"