fruit trees - Knowledgebase Question

sierra vista, Ar
Question by zacharyesta
I have a lemon,orange,plum,peach,and nectarine. And I was just wondering how much and how often I should water them?And should I water them in the winter if so how much?

0

Fruit trees will continue to grow all winter long in Sierra Vista, but growth will slow in late January and early February so trees will require less water during that time. While they are actively growing, they'll need more frequent watering. Build a watering well or watering basin by piling up a few inches of soil in a circle around the outside of the drip line of the tree. Flood the entire root zone under the leaf canopy with water, allow it to drain, then fill a second time. This will allow the water to trickle down and soak the entire root system. Most fruit trees will need soaking in this manner once a week. (Once every 10-14 days during the winter months.)

Hope this clarifies things for you!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"