Care and Planting Hydranges - Knowledgebase Question

Fowler, Ca
Question by mmdldd
I was given a periwinkle blue Hydranges in a pot. It's one bloom only. I would like to plant it outside in hopes that it will grow and multiply. Am I dreaming?? Please advise. What do I need to do to make this happen?
Thank you,
Marcia Dennis
mmdldd@gmail.com

0

You can plant your hydrangea outdoors and it will grow into a large shrub. Wait until the flower dies and then find a spot in your yard that gets morning sun and afternoon shade. Dig a hole just slightly deeper and wider than the pot, unpot the hydrangea and set it into the hole. Your goal is to have the plant sitting at the same soil level as it was in the pot so don't plant too deeply or too shallow. After planting, water your hydrangea well to help settle the soil. Be sure to water deeply once each week (unless it's really rainy).

Your hydrangea will produce new branches next spring and each of those branches should produce a flower.

Enjoy your hydrangea!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"