Repelling Rabbits - Knowledgebase Question

Ramona, CA
Question by JWEST7
Is there a repellant for rabbits to keep them from eating marigolds and veggies in my garden. I have tried raised box gardens and coverings and just about anything you can come up with without harming the rabbits. They think that our back yard is theirs. Help!

0

Rabbits can damage vegetables, flowers and trees anytime of year, but seem especially active in the spring. The best way to keep rabbits out of a garden is to erect a chicken wire fence, or make cylinder cages out of hardware cloth to put around your plants. These barriers need to be sunk 3-4 inches into the soil or the bunnies will just go under them. You can try some of the deer repellants, or put plastic snakes out, but the most effective way to keep them out of the garden is with fencing.