Indoor Plants - Knowledgebase Question

US
Question by omiranda1
December 15, 2008
I bougth at home depot I don't really know the name but it looks like a palm tree for inside of the house but is looking all brown, need to know if i can still do somenthing to save it?

December 15, 2008

0

Browning foliage can indicate too much water, too much fertilizer, too little light or too much heat - perhaps from a heater vent. Without knowing exactly which plant you are growing, I can't recommend any solution and I don't know if your plant will survive. Generally palms are quite adaptable. Most grow well in bright light. You should water thoroughly, then allow the top half-inch to one-inch of soil to dry before watering again. Palms appreciate being misted, especially in winter when the indoor air is dry. Make sure your plant is not in a draft from a vent or a door that opens to the outside. Hope this information helps!