Ideas for Enjoying Family Time in Landscape - Knowledgebase Question

cambridge, Ve
Question by suzanned6
I want my family to spend more time outdoors this spring, but find everyone wants to do something different. What can I do?

0

Consider what outdoor activity each family member enjoys. For example, you may want a quiet conversation area, but your kids probably want an activity or play area. By creating separate spaces, everyone will be pleased. Keep the play area within sightlines of whatever room faces the backyard so you can keep an eye on young ones at play. However, it does not need to be right beside the house. If placed further away, the noise is buffered (especially if your landscape has trees, shrubs and a large expanse of lawn) and kids have more room to run around. Your outdoor space will change over the years as your needs change. By planning your outdoor area carefully, you can all enjoy the space and have a more peaceful time together.