Finding Taro in Midwest - Knowledgebase Question

Milwaukee, WI
Question by mjschepp
My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon in Hawaii where we enjoyed several dishes made with Taro. My wife would like to find either the Taro plants to grow at home, if possible, or Taro products in the supermarket or other specialty food stores.We've been looking around unsuccessfully. Any ideas on where to look that could help us?

0

So you liked poi? I tried it and decided to stick with less exotic foods. But to each his own! Taro (Colocasis esculentus) is mostly grown for its foliage in water gardens. However, there maybe some varieties that have the edible tubers used to make dishes such as poi. Contact the following company to find out about the varieties they carry and if any can be grown for their tubers.

William Tricker, Inc.
7125 Tanglewood Dr.
Independence, OH 44131
800-524-3492

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"