MAGNOLIA TREE - Knowledgebase Question

JACKSONVILLE, Al
Question by GDAPARMA
What is te proper fertilizer to use for this tree? I have a small one I want to transplat into a better location, then I have on in my timber, the leaves are a bit yellow. Thanks for your advice!

0

When it comes time to fertilize your Magnolias you should use and acidic based fertilizer. This will be the same fertilizer you use on your Rhododendrons. This fertilizer can come in liquid or granular form. I use the liquid for a quick response or to just green up the foliage. The granular fertilizers are slower but longer lasting. While which manufacturer's fertilizer you chose is up to you the best I have found is an all natural product called Holly Tone. I also use this type of fertilizer to feed my Variegated Pagoda Dogwood, Rhododendrons, Azaleas, Blue Hollies, Christmas Roses, Conifers, Hydrangeas and Magnolias. I feed my spring flowering Magnolias just as they finish blooming and again lightly in late June. My summer flowering Magnolias are fertilized in early May and again lightly in June.