Bees And Flowers - Knowledgebase Question

Dublin, VA
Question by VATECHAGGIE
Are there any kinds of flower that I can plant to detour bees? My dog is allergic to bees.

0

Yours is a difficult situation, because bees are naturally drawn to flowers, and as long as you have flowering plants in your yard you'll have visiting bees. As a rule, bees don't sting unless frightened or cornered - this goes for people as wellas animals. You might want to make sure there's no clover in your lawn, to be accidentally stepped on, and that flowering plants are in the backs of beds and not easily approached. Or, you can plant non-flowering shrubs and trees in your backyard andonly allow your dog free run of the back. Then put the flowering plants in the front yard where you, and the bees, can enjoy the flowers.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"