Sickly Redbud - Knowledgebase Question

St Albans, Mi
Question by steveblaes
I have a redbud tree which is always behind the others in terms of leafing out, flowering,
growing, etc. It always looks sickly for the first few months of the season and then never really catches up. What should I do?

0

It may just be the nature of your redbud to be behind the times, or it could be that it is struggling in its current location. If it's small, you may want to move it. If it's large, try watering it regularly during the fall and early spring when the soil isn't frozen. I would also try fertilizing with a superphosphate, this is simply a fertilizer with a high phosphorous content such as a 5-20-10 (phosphorous is the second number). Hope this information helps!