aphids on tomato,pepper plants in greenhouse - Knowledgebase Question

Seeley Lake, MT
Question by slk3831
I had aphids in my greenhouse last summer, could not get rid of them do I need to treat the dirt so they don't come back again this year? They were on tomato, pepper, eggplants, and flowers.

0

Good sanitation is key to controlling pests in a greenhouse. If you can clean all the surfaces with soapy water, don't bring in plants from the outside and start fresh with new potting soil and containers, you should be able to prevent an aphid infestation. If you do get aphids again, spray the plants immediately with insecticidal soap, pyrethrum or summer oil. All three will kill aphids. You can also experiment with releasing beneficial insects such as lady bugs and lace wings in the greenhouse to control the pests. These beneficial insects are available through Gardens Alive, Lawrenceburg, IN 812-537-8650.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"