Moles - Knowledgebase Question

Nashville, Te
Question by kelley_mcgra
I have a really bad mole problem. I have been told to put down grub killer. How often should I do this? I did it once last summer and had no luck with getting rid of the moles.

Thanks!

0

Gophers and moles feed on grubs and other insects. If you have eliminated the grubs, then they are simply nesting in the ground and traveling around your yard. That doesn't mean they aren't a pain, though. To get rid of gophers and moles, invest in a scissors-type gopher trap, and set it carefully - as often as necessary to catch and kill the entire population. Once you've gotten rid of them, encourage your neighbors to do the same. If it's any consolation, gophers or moles in your yard are a compliment to your skills as a gardener. They prefer rich, moist, organic soil teeming with insects!