fertilizer - Knowledgebase Question

stuart, Fl
Question by randmare
February 9, 2009
I have potted plants, what type of fertilizer should I be using? They are indoor and out door potted plants. (Florida)

Answer from NGA
February 9, 2009


Because the roots of potted plants are confined, they are more susceptible to fertilizer burn so the safest and easiest way to feed them is with a water soluable houseplant fertilizer. I use Miracle-Gro, Peter's and Shultz's (whichever is on sale at the time!) Use a half-strength dilution and feed every two weeks during the growing season. (i.e. one TBS. per gallon of water instead of the recommended two TBS.) Feeding every 2 weeks provides all the necessary elements to the plant roots without the fear of salt burn. Best wishes with your plants!

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"