Botanical Name Of Queens Tears - Knowledgebase Question

Sullivan, OH
Avatar for burwell3
Question by burwell3
April 6, 1998
I have a plant that is called Queens tears. It looks like a type of cactus. I would like to know it's botanical name and how to get it to flower. All I've been getting is new plants.

Answer from NGA
April 6, 1998
Queen's Tears is billbergia nutans, a member of the Bromeliad family. It requires high temperatures to bring the plants into flower (above 75F degrees). If the temperature isn't high enough, the plant will just put out new foliage. Most Bromeliads require a brightly lit spot, out of direct sunlight. Water when the top of the soil looks dry.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Zoia and is called "Symphony in Pink"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.