Herbs - Knowledgebase Question

Midland, Ge
Question by suzieq504
I live in zone 7-8 in GA and I plant herbs in pots on my patio every year. As the hot summer goes on I get what looks like spider mites on my herbs. Is there anything I can do or use besides poisons to get rid of them? I am always afraid I won't get them all washed off before using the herbs. Thank you

0

Spider mites thrive in hot, dry locations so to deter them, you can simply wash your plants off on a regular basis. You can use a spritzer every week or so, or water from the hose, to thoroughly rinse all parts of your plants. This will wash off any mites that may be present and will discourage more from making a home in the stems and foliage of your herbs. Besides, it washes off the dust and if you're like me, you like to step out to the patio and snip some fresh herbs while you're cooking. Having the plants dust and pest free is just more appetizing, don't you think? Give it a try. It works for me!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"