Gardening in Juneau, Alaska - Knowledgebase Question

Juneau, Al
Question by jimwakefield
Why doesnt your regional map include Alaska and Hawaii? You have stores in both places. I live in Juneau, Alaska and am frustrated when I find garden guides that do not include us.

0

Juneau is USDA zone 6. The Cooperative Extension Experiment Station in Juneau reports the following plants are outstanding in your area: Alyssum, Lobelia, Pansy, and Fuchsia. For sunnier garden spots, try: Zinnia, Verbena, Snapdragon, Sweetpeas, Marigold, Dahlia, Calendula, Carnation and Petunia.

Here's a local source for help with your gardening questions: University of Alaska Cooperative Extension, Box 20109, Federal Building Lobby, Juneau, AK, 99802-0109
Phone 586-7102. You can pick up or download lots of publications with information specific to your gardening region. Best wishes with your garden!