Green/yellow lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Temecula, Ca
Question by ekrinsky
I fertilize my lawn every 6 to 8 weeks, yet there are areas on my lawn that have a yellowish cast, and other areas that are a deep and healthy green. C an you tell me what is causing that pale yellowish green in some areas of the yard?

0

Your lawn may have developed a fungal disease, or the drainage is not quite right. It is also possible that your lawn may have two or more different grass types, and they may be on different growing cycles. For instance, warm season grasses go dormant when the weather is cool and cool season grasses die out when the weather is warm. It might be that these two differenct grass types may never attain the same green color at the same time of year. You may want to dig a sample of the turf, roots and all, and take it to your local Cooperative Extension office for diagnosis. Helpful folks there can identify the grass and either rule out or confirm a disease problem. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"