Tomatoes and Peppers - Knowledgebase Question

maryland hgts., Mi
Question by osage940
I have a small space for gardening and I don't have room too rotate crops. I know that I need to add hydrogen to the soil for tomato plants. What is the best additive, blood meal or something else and how much? Do I need to add an amendment for the peppers?

0

Crop rotation is recommended so your plants can avoid disease pathogens that remain in the soil. If your tomatoes have been healthy in the past, there should not be a problem, especially if you plant the most disease resistant varieties you can find. Both tomatoes and peppers will thrive in regular garden soil amended with compost or aged manure. Mix a good quantity of organic matter into your soil prior to planting and then side dress with a fertilizer formulated for tomatoes. That's all your plants should need to grow strong and produce healthy crops. Hope you have a bountiful harvest!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"