Lawn Question - Knowledgebase Question

Tampa, Fl
Question by octanetaylor
I live in FL and have St Augustine Grass. For some reason I am having trouble getting the grass to fully cover the lawn. I have too many bald spots. Is there such a thing as St Augustine Grass seed for the bare spots?

Researchers are still working on developing seeds for St. Augustine so until the seeds are readily available your best course of action is to remove plugs from your existing lawn and plant them in the bare spots. Any metal cylinder, even a bulb planter, will work for removing plugs from your lawn, or you can simply cut small squares out of the sod with a pocket knife. If you regularly water, feed and mow your lawn it will become thick and healthy over the summer months. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"