Container Fern Suggestions - Knowledgebase Question

New York, NY
Question by magliol
I live in NYC and have an eastern facing terrace with plenty of sun and some shade. I'd like to grow some ferns in containers to add some depth to those empty spaces between flowers, bulbs etc. Any suggestions?

0

lightly. On top of this place a one-inch layer of organic material. Well-rotted leaf mold or humus is preferable, although some peat moss can be substituted." Mulch moderates soil temperatures and moisture, and annual topdressing in spring with rich compost or leaf mold will keep plants happy. I highly recommend Joan Puma's book to you - you'll find her informative and inspriring, I'm sure! Another fine container gardening text for beginners is "Container Gardening for Dummies" by Bill Marken & the Editors of National Gardening Magazine (IDG Books; www.dummies.com). Enjoy your garden this season! lightly. On top of this place a one-inch layer of organic material. Well-rotted leaf mold or humus is preferable, although some peat moss can be substituted." Mulch moderates soil temperatures and moisture, and annual topdressing in spring with rich compost or leaf mold will keep plants happy. I highly recommend Joan Puma's book to you - you'll find her informative and inspriring, I'm sure! Another fine container gardening text for beginners is "Container Gardening for Dummies" by Bill Marken & the Editors of National Gardening Magazine (IDG Books; www.dummies.com). Enjoy your garden this season!