Roses - Knowledgebase Question

Clarkdale, Ar
Question by ediercks
I live in Clarkdale, AZ, an hour south of Flagstaff. How do I know when and how much water to give my plants at this time of year. It's the end of February.
Thanks so much.

0

There's no easy answer to your question. When plants are not actively growing, they don't need nearly as much water as when they are actively growing and when the weather is hot. The rule of thumb is to provide one inch of water per week to landscape trees and shrubs (but not native shrubs or cacti). This one inch rule also applies to roses. If you water by hand, you can guess about how much you are providing. If you have a drip system, turn the system on every other day. Switch to twice a day every other day when the weather begins to get warm. Hope this provides some guidance!