Square Foot Gardening - Knowledgebase Question

Detroit, Mi
Question by ch194550
I am doing square foot gardening. My soil blent will be peat moss,course vermiculite and a blended compost. Can you suggest a better soil blend than the above and where can I buy coarse vermiculite?

0

Your soil blend sounds just right. Typically, a soilless blend such as 1/3 compost, 1/3 peat moss, and 1/3 vermiculite is perfect and you should be able to find the materials at your local garden center. However, if you cannot find the ingredients packaged locally or if the individual ingredients bought separately are too expensive, you can simply use a good grade potting soil such as Miracle Gro. That's what I use and it's perfect!