Shade Garden - Knowledgebase Question

Miami, Fl
Question by yaquesm
I have an small shaded garden in my backyard, an I need plants that will grow well in the shade. Any recomendations?

0

There are many flowers that bloom in a fairly bright shade location. Some of your options are: Impatiens, Begonia, Cardinal flower (Lobelia cardinalis), Oxalis, Mexican Petunia (Ruellia), Pansy, Texas Gold Columbine, Cyclamen, Flowering Tobacco (Nicotiana), Hosta, Tradescantia, Violet, Chinese Ground Orchid (Bletilla striata), and Wishbone Flower (Torenia fournieri). If your shade is dense these flowers may not do well. It may be a good idea to have some trees trimmed a little to brighten up the shade. Thanks for the question. Please stop in again soon!