Hydrangea care - Knowledgebase Question

Princeton, Ke
Question by vsharp9
I received one and it wilts every other day. I water it and it comes back. It is in a pot by a window that gets only AM sun and in a cool place. Is this normal to wilt like this?

0

Hydrangeas will wilt in the hot summer sun but they normally recover when the sun goes down. Since yours is in a container indoors, the wilting is probably due to water stress. Start by immersing the pot in a larger container of water until no more bubbles pop up to the surface. This with saturate the soil (sometimes air pockets form around the roots in containerized plants). Do this every 2-3 weeks. If this doesn't remedy the situation, repot in a larger container so there's more root room and more room for moist soil. Best wishes with your hydrangea!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"