dichondra - Knowledgebase Question

LA MESA, CA (Zone 8B)
Question by watsjumpin
My Mom loves the dichondra that has grown in her lawn....is there a weed killer for dichondra? I know that it is primarily a broad leaf weed so most will kill it too. That said.....she has oxalis too and I'd like to spray for that but I'm afraid anything that will kill it will also kill the dichondra. Any suggestions? Julie (La Mesa, Ca)

0

I'm afraid that herbicides will also kill dichondra, because it is a broadleaf plant. About the only way to ensure the success of dichondra is to feed, mow and water it to make it thick enough to crowd out any weeds. The weeds you have now will have to be hand dug or pulled. Once the weeds are gone the dichondra should grow thick enough to crowd out any future weeds. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"