Potting veggies and fruits - Knowledgebase Question

Wichita Falls, Te
Question by jabber_jaw_4
I rent my house and want to plant a garden but I also want to be able to take it with me when I move. What type of tomatoes can I plant and what size of pot would I need to grow them while still being able to get a decent amount of crop off one plant?

0

Most vegetables will adapt to growing in containers. If you choose determinate type tomatoes (as opposed to indeterminant types), you can have a good harvest without having to place a trellis as support for the vining branches. Determinate type tomatoes have a bushy growth habit and produce one main crop rather than lots of tomatoes over a long period of time. Your plants will need at least an 18 inch deep container to accommodate the root system. Best wishes with your tomatoes!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"