Should I reseed/overseed? - Knowledgebase Question

WOODBURY, Ne
Question by pooch_1972
I seeded a new lawn last year during the fall.I unfortunately had to do it at the tail end of the prime season,when the temperature started getting colder and I'm not sure all the seeds germinated because it still looks sparse.Now with spring coming,I'm not sure if I need to overseed or if the grass will fill in on it's own right away as the weather gets warmer. Should I have to overseed or not?

0

If the germination rate is low, I would invest in some fresh seed and overseed the entire lawn now. Waiting for thin grass to fill in will give weeds an opportunity to take hold and then you'll have a whole new set of problems. Overseed now and you'll beat out those opportunistic weeds and end up with a thick, healthy lawn.

Enjoy!