Cyclamen - Knowledgebase Question

Altoona, Pe
Question by dleonard80
I have a cyclamen, and the pink flowers in the center have all fallen over. I keep it watered, and the dead foliage pulled off, I'm not sure what else to do. Please Help..

0

Cyclamen are very particular about their surroundings. Provide bright light, but no direct sunlight. They prefer temperatures of 50F - 60F. In fact, a warm room spells death for them! Keep the potting soil moist at all times. The best way to water is to place the pot in a bowl of water so the soil is moistened thoroughly, from the bottom up. Cyclamen flower for a short time during the winter months. When it's finished flowering stop watering and lay the pot on its side in a cool spot. Don't water until midsummer. Then place in a cool, bright area. The tuber will again produce new stems and leaves and begin to develop flower buds for the winter blooming period.