Where to Find Tool - Knowledgebase Question

Bourbonnais, IL
Avatar for mthwsh
Question by mthwsh
April 20, 1998
I work at a golf course and we have these tools named sod knives. They are used to cut out small areas of sod and to edge flower beds. It isn't like a sod cutter though. It is in the shape of a normal garden spade. I was wondering if there is somewhere I could purchase one?

P.S. I am 17 years old and am entering the field of turf management in order to be a groundkeeper at a sports stadium or a golf course. DON'T YOU JUST LOVE GRASS.

Answer from NGA
April 20, 1998
I wonder if you are talking about an "edger". This is a shovel-like tool that you hold vertically, then step on to cut through the sod. They usually cut down about 6". Although you should be able to find one at any local garden center, here is a mail-order catalog that I'm sure you'll enjoy: Landscaper's Supply, web site: www.landscapersupply.com, ph # 800-222-4303. And, though I do like grass, I prefer ground covers that you don't have to mow!

Good luck in your future career!

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Lucius93 and is called "Chinese hibiscus"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.