What is this - Knowledgebase Question

Cooperstown, Pe
Question by baby5
What are grubs and what do they look like. I think I may have them in my one perennial garden.

0

Grubs feed on the roots of plants, and can cause significant damage to lawns if their population is large. A small grub population, however, is not something to worry about too much, although the beetles they turn into later may become a nuisance as they feed on plant foliage and flowers. Take an inventory of the population. In several areas of the lawn, peel back a square foot of sod and count how many of the C-shaped grubs you find. Do this in a few areas in your flowerbeds as well. If there are more than 5 or 6 grubs per square foot you may want to do something to reduce their numbers. Beneficial nematodes are an effective and safe control.