fresh grass - Knowledgebase Question

staten island, Ne
Question by hotlatina780
i would like to lkill the weeds in my yard and grow fresh grass do i have to turn durt over to start over my yard is really bad and what grass is good to put down i have a dog also . That might pee in the yard

0

If your lawn seems beyond repair sometimes the best thing to do is to start over. You can dig the entire area or rent a rototiller if the area is large. After digging or tilling everything up, remove the old clumps of grass and weeds. Get the roots, too. Then work some compost or other organic matter into the soil, rake it level and broadcast your new grass seeds. Choose a blend of several grasses depending on whether you have full sun or some shady areas (different grass types grow in different sun exposures). Then put your lawn on a regular watering, mowing and feeding routing. A thick healthy lawn will stand up to foot traffic and will not have as many weeds. Good luck with your project!