Foxtail Palm tree has brown spots! - Knowledgebase Question

LAREDO, TX (Zone 8B)
Question by cristabel80
My fox tail pamltree has brown spots and has some dying leaves. I water it regularly and when we planted it we put soil that specified it was for palm trees. Could it have a bug or a fungus of some sort? Please help! Thank you!

0

Leaf spots and dying leaves can indicate a fungal disease or they may simply be a symptom of transplant shock (if you have only recently planted your foxtail palm). It's difficult to diagnose a plant problem without actually seeing it so I can only suggest you take a sample of the affected leaves to your local cooperative extension or Master Gardener clinic for diagnosis. Hope it's nothing serious!