Slippery Slope - Knowledgebase Question

Sachse, Te
Question by carolj53
March 28, 2009
I am trying to save my yard from totally slipping away under the fence. I have planted shade seed but need to know what the stuff is called that you put down when you are trying to plant grass and don't want it to wash away. Help! its the north side

Answer from NGA
March 28, 2009


There is a product made of biodegradeable excelsior called "E-Mat erosion control blanket". You roll this out on your slope and then sow grass seeds over the top. The grass roots can penetrate the mat and the mat will eventually degrade as the lawn becomes thick enough to hold the soil in place. I'm sure there are similar products available. Hope this helps!

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"