grass seeds - Knowledgebase Question

Dededo, Gu
Question by mveyonip
We moved back home here in Guam after staying in San Diego for 4 yrs, I would like to plant a new grass to my lawn, what kind of grass seeds would you suggest should i buy. And how do I plant the new seeds.

0

Warm season grasses such as St. Augustine, Bermuda or Centipede will grow well in the heat and humdity of Guam. If you have shady areas, choose St. Augustine; if the lawn is in full sun, choose Bermuda or Centipede. These turfs are started from sprigs, plugs or sod. You can sometimes find Bermuda seeds in the garden center. The other grass seeds you may find are for cool season grasses which will not perform well in Guam. You can install sod, sprigs or plugs for your new lawn in winter or spring. Best wishes with your new lawn!