fertilizers - Knowledgebase Question

WILSON, NC (Zone 7B)
Question by shakeerahvin
March 31, 2009
what are the difference between complete and balanced fertilizers

Answer from NGA
March 31, 2009


Fertilizers that have all three of the major nutrients are called Complete fertilizers. Products that are missing one or more of major nutrients are referred to as incomplete.

Fertilizers that have the same percentage of each nutrient are called Balanced. Fertilizers that have varying percentages of the major nutrients are referred to as UnBalanced. These terms don't mean much but they do give you a frame of reference when evaluating the different products on the market.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"