rabbits and chipmunks eating my bulbs and perennials - Knowledgebase Question

Gurnee, Il
Question by sarj336
I tried spraying a rabbit repellent that is supposed to make the rabbits tear up so they avoid the flowers and bulbs. It doesn't work. Any other suugestions?

0

There are a number of animal repellent sprays that would help deter rabbits from eating your flowers. Try 'Get Away' or 'Deer Away' available from Home Depot. 'Deer Away' is efffective in deterring deer and rabbits and lasts 7-10 days without washing off. Natural scent repellents are also available such as fox and coyote urine. I have found that rabbits quickly realize there is no actual threat though. You could also try constructing a fence of 1-inch chicken wire that should be 2 feet high and buried at least 6 inches deep around your flowers. Consider also interplanting your flowers with garlic, onions, Mexican marigold or dusty miller. Bunnies tend not to like their aroma. Hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"