Lawn problem - Knowledgebase Question

Northglenn, Co
Question by rlvasquez1
I have some problem areas that do not seem to be turning green. I did have the lawn power raked and aerated but these particular areas were a problem last year as well. I have soked an area with soapy water but no bugs have come to the surface. Could it be something other than bugs.

0

It sounds as though you have addressed all the common problems: insects, compaction, thatch. That leaves diseases as a culprit but I can't diagnose the problem without actually seeing it. You might try raking the areas again this spring and reseeding. If the new grass dies out, there may be a fungal disease residing in the soil. Without knowing just which one, I can't really suggest a control. But you've ruled out everything else.... Good luck with your turf!