Grass - Knowledgebase Question

Wadsworth, Oh
Question by jreed003
My grass is a local grass seed product, lawn is 2 -1/2 years old, have regularly fertilized, also have sprinkler system, lawn is not greening up yet, most others lawns are. I do not remember this happening in past. Should I fertilize now? Thought it was a bit early. Also when is best time for crabgrass preventer?

0

Pre emergent crabgrass control should be applied now, before the crabgrass seeds sprout. If your lawn is not greening up yet, it may still be a little cold in your yard. Regular feeding last year should have given the roots enough energy to produce new blades. Wait another 3-4 weeks before fertilizing. I think your lawn will green up when the soil warms a bit more. Best wishes with your lawn!