Yellowing Majesty Palm ? - Knowledgebase Question

Oostburg, Wi
Question by dalenbetty
One week ago I bought 2 Palms. I repotted both, and one has southern window exposure now, while the other has no window exposure. The plant by the window seems to be turning exceptionally yellow very rapidly. Am I doing something wrong? Dale

0

Are the yellowing leaves only on the side of the plant that faces the window? If so the light the palm is receiving might be more intense than it was in the nursery. If the yellowing is all over the plant, it could be from overwatering or soil that does not drain quickly enough. Palms take quite a while to show stress so the problem might not even be anything you've done but how it was handled in the nursery or in transit to the nursery. Wish I had more information to offer!