Flowers Between Shrubs - Knowledgebase Question

Lowell, Ma
Question by djb01852
Hi, I have two bushes that have a large empty space around them, without grass. In the past I have used mulch to cover this empty space. Could u recommend some small flowers that I can plant in this space instead that I could plant in the spring and that would last until the fall?

0

You can plant some trailing or spreading annuals in the spots, or you can plant one of theses groundcover perennials: Allegheny spurge (Pachysandra procumbens) and Japanese pachysandra (Pachysandra terminalis), Northern sea oats (Chasmanthium latifolium), Blue oat grass (Helictotrichon sempervirens), Liriope or "lilyturf" (Liriope spicata), Bugleweed (Ajuga reptans 'Atropurpurea'), Creeping myrtle, or periwinkle vinca vines (Vinca minor), Deadnettle (Lamium galeobdolon), Catnip plants (Nepeta cataria), Sweet woodruff (Galium odoratum), Creeping thyme plants, such as woolly thyme (Thymus pseudolanuginosus). Hope one of these suggestions is just right for your garden.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"