Overseeding - Knowledgebase Question

Wadsworth, Oh
Question by coachhutch43
Thanks for the advice on my fall lawn prep. You have suggested overseeding again this spring and I would like to know what type of seed should I use and should I also fertilize again as well? I do have kids who play in the yard.

0

Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass and Tall Fescues are all good varieties for your gardening region. I'd overseed with a grass seed mixture to help the lawn thicken up. You can usually find grass seed blends in your local garden center. Feed your lawn after the new grass is up and growing. Most fertilizer packages will suggest how long to wait before allowing children and pets onto the lawn after applying the product. Usually you water it in well and wait 24 hours after the application. Best wishes and I hope you have a nice thick lawn this season.