Potted Mini Rose Angel Wings - Knowledgebase Question

Naperville, IL
Question by Jazzerbus
I recently purchased a starter pack for mini rose angel wings, comes with pot/saucer, soil and seeds. Directions say to avoid overhead watering. What is the best way to water, and how much water is needed. I am new at this, so forgive my ignorance. Thanks!

0

What a fun kit! Many gardeners prefer to water their seedlings from below. This means filling the saucer with water and allowing the soil to absorb, or wick, the water up through the holes in the base of the container. When you see moisture on the soil surface, then the soil is saturated and you should empty the saucer. Seeds need moisture to germinate, so do not allow them to dry out. Once they have sprouted and the roots grow deeper into the pot you can allow the soil surface to dry out a bit between waterings.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"