Loquat - Knowledgebase Question

Slidell, Lo
Question by donyell43
Where can I buy a Loquat tree in Slidell, Covington, Mandeville or New Orleans louisiana? I called my local Home Depot & they don't sell it.

0

Most loquats obtained from nurseries are seedlings and vary in fruit quality. Fruit from seedling trees are sweet but may be small. Several improved varieties are available, but these are hard to find and can usually be found only at nurseries that specialize in exotic fruits. Big Jim and MacBeth are two varieties that have done well in south Louisiana. The varieties Oliver and Premier have had fire blight problems in south Louisiana. Most loquat varieties are self-pollinating, but a pollinator variety improves fruit set. I can only suggest you check the yellow pages for nurseries in your region that specialize in rare and exotic fruits.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"