Dethatching - Knowledgebase Question

jacksonville, Fl
Question by jeromestewar
I recently dethatched my yard with a professional dethatcher. it currently is brown and all I can see is roots in some areas. Is there anything extra I could do to help my lawn grow back lush and thick as it was before the winter season.

0

If you have St. Augustine, the lawn will begin to green up as the weather warms and the grass starts creeping and covering over the bare areas. If you have bermuda grass you can overseed to help it green up faster. Both grasses grow best in hot weather so as soon as the weather suits them, they will grow vigorously and cover over any empty areas. I know the lawn looks bad right now but dethatching will help it grow thick and lush over the next few months. There's not much else you can do other than to have patience with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"