Vegetable Gardening - Knowledgebase Question

Nampa, Id
Question by lrslooney
I am ready to plant my vegetable garden. How do I find out if it's time or too soon? Idaho.

0

Your average last frost date is June 9 and you will want to wait about a week after that date before planting warm season crops such as tomatoes, peppers and squash. You can plant cool season veggies now, though. Peas, beans, cabbage, broccoli, radishes and carrots will be happy in the ground around the first week of May. In the meantime, prepare the soil for planting by spreading 3-4 inches of organic matter over the top of the soil and dig it in to a depth of 8-10 inches. Then start planting. If frost is predicted, go out and cover the brand new plants to protect them from the freezing temperatures. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"