Camilla Tree/bush - Knowledgebase Question

Franklinton, Lo
Question by twjelectric1
I planted a camilla tree last spring. It is getting enough water, but all of the leaves on one side are falling off and the tree looks like it is dying. What should I do?

0

If only half the plant is experiencing problems it could be due to the roots. You might want to dig down on the affected side and inspect the roots. Maybe the soil is too dry or too wet on that side. Break a few of the roots and look inside. Healthy roots will be creamy white; dead or diseased roots will be rusty colored or brown. If the roots are healthy, then either wind has dried the leaves or that side is sunburned. Wish I could help you diagnose the problem but without seeing the shrub, it's difficult to say what the problem might be. Good luck with your camellia!